Saturday, April 21, 2018

Ode To Christa

Oh, glorious Christa
You are to be celebrated
Sweet in your manner, usually
You smell like lavender flowers, mint and patchouli 
I love how you cut your bangs without permission
I also love the way you resist patriarchy too
There is so much to love about you
Your wit, sincerity and wandering soul
A woman of depth, strength and fire
I love to see you grow

We have created meaningful memories
Even if your husband disapproves of me
You bake the best cookies, brownies
And now you bake my banana bread recipe
So charmingly, in your apron, you bake in your kitchen
I crave your lentils; your charismatic legumes
When I hold your baby girl, I want her
Because she is part of you
You plant strawberries in your garden
Later, I see your blossoms bloom

One year ago today we met
I cannot promise an ode each year
No matter time or space
We shall be sisters, my kindred spirit
You are extraordinary in so many ways
I hope you know it
You radiant, glowing, woman that belongs to no one
This is my way of showing
My love for you will never stop growing
Until

The End









No comments:

Post a Comment