Sunday, April 29, 2018

Menstruation

I love you who challenges me
Just hours before the pink moon rises
You bring me your crimson gift
Flowing rose petals flutter between my thighs
You arrive

When you’re around
Liquid flows from my body in various forms
Tears of vulnerability
Flow freely
I float in salted water and my elements

I spend time reflecting
Horizontal in my position
When I stand, I’m reminded of your presence
Because you run from me
Violently

I am a blooming rose, spectacular and beautiful
Red blood pumping through my heart
Blood red running down my legs
Swollen uterus, empty womb
I embrace this life of bleeding

At 43, I hug my emptiness
Soon I won’t ride these waves again
No longer do I desire to be full with baby, full in breast
You and I will say goodbye
I wait for the day that I am my own again

No comments:

Post a Comment