Friday, January 4, 2019

Untitled

I lay to rest
Dreams sweep over me
Call it flying
Drifting back into myself
I call it freedom

I write poems
In between my thoughts
Rest exists in the beyond
A full world inside
My own invention

I wonder why I wander
I wake, I sleep
Touching all that is within reach
The stars call my names
Illuminating my path

Capture every emotion
There is art in
Stolen little glimpses
Unwinding is understanding
The recesses

I am never lost
I wonder
All the whys
Live all the lives
Love all the loves

When I leave all behind
There is  nothing else
I hold onto laughter and tears
Kept in the safety
Of my own palm

Anywhere I go, there you are
Everything in me
Runs to you, with you
I will keep on finding
My song, my dance

Words, as they come to me,
I lay them down
What is left unsaid matters
At the break of dawn
Each day is new

I hold today's unknowns
Like dreams
Images that don't yet exist
Elusive yet palpable
Remnants of lives well lived

I will make an impression
Not merely exist












No comments:

Post a Comment