Thursday, December 27, 2018

Midnight Poem

I have things to say
Nothing original 
You know that already
I like how well you know that 
I am not profound 

I called myself a writer 
I let you read what I wrote too 
I recited my works aloud 
For you 
To hear them in my voice; and that is my why 

I take the time 
To take the time 
Be Still is my mantra 
So, I tell you everything, I feel 
Every feeling becomes more real 

I take your picture 
So I can continue on loving you 
I can keep you, seeing you 
The way you once looked 
At me 

Your eyes glassy with truths 
Only I can see 
I tell you, I feel every ounce of it 
The weight you carry 
Makes me want to hold you more 

A person cannot live their whole entire life 
Without soup 
That is not a life worth living 
There is so much 
I didn’t not know 

I get perspective. 
So many 
People are more gifted than me, or less 
And, I have everything In life 
Or I have nothing 
Depending on the day, both 

Glass can be blown under a flame 
Or it can shatter when you let go 
Love whispers and waits 
Beauty waiting to born, it cannot be 
Kept safely at a distance 

So I will be a dream chaser 
I will also go nowhere 
And dream of what will come to me 
There is no reason 
I just will 

And now it is already 
Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment