Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Ode to Manchego

Oh how I crave you, dear Manchego 
I long for your nutty richness 
On my tongue 
My Sweetness, you are delicate in nature 
You are a lover in my mouth 

I hunger for more of you each day 
I no longer can deny 
How you complement the seediness 
Of my cracker 
You give more than I deserve 

You are a well aged 
Beauty Sophisticated, cultured and refined 
So good, you come from the finest breed 
I will travel miles for you 
You never disappoint me 

Faithful and true, aged to perfection 
Unassuming in your greatness 
My dreams make me ache for you 
Full bodied, only you can deliver 
Everything I need 

Wise one, I thank you for your presence 
You fill my indulgent desires with your rustic woody notes
My love-longing satisfied with your fat 
Mi Corazón, mi queso Manchego 

Together, we make the perfect pairing

No comments:

Post a Comment